Saturday, February 12, 2011

{Inspiring Couple} Lucienne & Robin Day...


Creative couples really inspire me. I'm always curious about how their individual work influences each other & their creative process. It's the weekend before Valentine's Day and I thought it would be fun to revisit this interest of mine by starting a series of posts about creative couples. The first couple of the series is UK designers Robin & Lucienne Day. 

{source} 
I had written a post a few weeks ago about Lucienne's beautiful textiles for Fabric Friday, but I wanted to learn more about Robin and his furniture designs. I found this great video at designonscreen.org which is a wonderful site to know about if you love design & architecture. 

Contemporary Days: The Designs of Lucienne & Robin Day from Design Onscreen on Vimeo.

I love how their work compliments each other. Robin & Lucienne have that added benefit of having different design strengths & being able to communicate their ideas to one another. I can't help but think that makes them even stronger artistic voices & adds volumes to the continuity in their work. They are truly an inspiring couple don't you think? Do you have a favorite creative couple? 
Hope you are enjoying your weekend....

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. I'm definitely going to look up the Days ... especially Mr Day's furniture designs.

    My favourite designer couple is fairly cliched, I think, as it's the Eames'. I can't think of any others from the top of my head (except you and yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid video! Thanks so much for sharing this Kristin!
    This inspires so much... I was also enjoying L. Day's looks - just wonderful! And the textiles, the chairs... I always feel a strong inexplicable nostalgia when reading or watching something about that kind of designers...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails